Up to 100,000 to be out of work and
Breaking from Whatcom County Health Dept today Nov 23rd 2020
Up to 100,000 to be out of work and…
- The Health Department agreed that although cases are up the death rate is flat…
- There is no scientifically presented need for relocking down businesses … Lockdown is only for preventing the medical system from being overwhelmed.
- Health Department not near taking other health, community, school issues into consideration.
- Local hospital has a lot of capacity… especially at the ER.
- See the whole press conference here…
An analysis presented on County Councilman’s Face book Page Presented Here:
Analysis of the monthly averages for testing, new cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, grouped by stage of the pandemic.
Statewide testing was up 60% in October over the previous 5 months, while cases were up 35%, hospitalizations were up 18%, and deaths were down 8%.
Hospitalizations in October are down 23% from the first 2 months of the pandemic, and deaths are down 42%.
In Whatcom County, testing was up 83% in October over the previous 5 months, while cases were up 35%, hospitalizations were down 22%, and deaths were up 50%.
Hospitalizations in October are down 68% from the first 2 months of the pandemic, and deaths are down 71%.